The telemetry feature is activated by default in Windows 11. This feature collects the data at remote locations and transmits it to the parent. It collects information from all types of user activity and directly sends it to Microsoft.
If you don’t want your data to be shared, you can turn this feature off. But how can this be done? There are several ways by which users can easily disable Telemetry on Windows 11. In this article, we will be discussing all the features to disable Telemetry on Windows 11.
Best Ways to Disable Telemetry on Windows 11
If you want to disable the Telemetry feature on Windows 11, then you will be able to do so by following the steps given below-
1. Use Registry Editor
The first method uses the Registry Editor to disable the Telemetry on Windows 11. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows+R combo key, type regedit, and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Here, head to the following address-
- Then, in the right panel, right-click anywhere on the space.
- Select the New option from the list and then choose the DWORD value (32-bit) or DWORD Value (64-bit) option for the 64-bit system.
- Name the new DWORD as AllowTelemetry.
- Double-click on it set the Value Data as 0, and click OK.
- Lastly, restart your computer to save the changes that have been made. By this, your system will no longer be able to Telemetry.
2. Disable Optional Diagnostic Data
Another method to do so is to turn off the optional diagnostic data. This will be the best method to disable the telemetry feature on Windows 11. The steps for the same are as follow-
- Press the Windows + I key combo on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Head to the Privacy & Security tab and click on Diagnostic & feedback.
- Here, turn off the toggle for the Send Optional Diagnostic Data.
- Next, go back to the Privacy and Security tab and select the Activity history option.
- Then, uncheck the checkbox next to the Store my activity history on this device.
- Now, head to Speech in Privacy & security, and click on the Stop contributing my voice clips button.
- Once the above steps have been done, go to the General section in Privacy & security. Here, switch off all the options for collecting user data.
3. By Using Services
You can also use the Services to disable Telemetry in Windows 11. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + R combo keys on your keyboard to open the Run command window.
- Here type services.msc and click on the OK button to open the Services app window.
- Here, search for Connected User experiences and Telemetry option and double-click on it.
- Here, set the Startup Type to Disabled. Once done, click on the Apply button to save the changes that have been made.
- Now, look out for dmwappushsvc service here. Disable this service the same way as you did above.
- Lastly, restart your device to save all the changes that have been made.
4. By Using Task Scheduler
You can also use the Task Scheduler to turn Telemetry off in Windows 11. This method is also easy to follow. To turn off Telemetry using Task Scheduler, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start Menu, search for the Task scheduler in the search bar and open it.
- Here head to the following destination-
- Here right-click on the Consolidator and click on the Disable option from the list. Disable all the tasks in this panel/list.
These were some methods to disable the Telemetry features on Windows 11. Your data will be sent to Microsoft with the Telemetry feature turned on. You can turn off this feature if you don’t want this to happen.
There are various ways to do so, and we have listed them in this article. You can follow the methods mentioned in this article, and you will be able to disable the Telemetry feature in Windows 11 easily.