Disney Plus Not Working
Is Disney Plus Not Working on your Firestick device? The answer is probably yes. And that’s maybe the reason why you are here. Don’t worry because we will help you fix the problem.
Disney Plus app continues to grow its library of content. It is now one of the top contenders for most popular streaming platforms like Netflix, and Hulu. A lot of great titles for movies and series are available here like Disney, Marvel, and Pixar.
You can stream Disney Plus on your Firestick device. Sometimes the app runs into some problems making it stop working. Possible reasons are server error, network problems, geo-restriction, outdated, and corrupt app data.
We list down 12 possible ways to troubleshoot Disney Plus. It is also better to use a VPN while using this app. This will help you fix a lot of your problems while streaming.
Let’s dive into the best solutions to fix Disney Plus Not Working.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick
1. Check if the problem is on your side
Before we conclude that Disney Plus is the main reason, let’s first check the error on our side. You can test other apps if they are working properly. If yes, then maybe the problem is on the Disney+ app itself.
One way to check if Disney Plus is working is through a website called WebsitePlanet. It will determine whether a certain platform or website is up or down.
Now that we are able to conclude whether the problem is on our side or the Disney Plus’, let’s continue to fix the problem.
2. Check if You Can’t Play Any Title on Disney Plus
Try every possible title you can play on the app. This way we can fully check if it is the Disney Plus app is not working. If you can’t play anything, then it might be due to a lot of reasons. Geo-restriction is a big deal on Disney plus. If you are located where the app is not allowed, then you won’t be able to use it. Unless you use a reliable VPN like IPVanish.
A VPN will grant you access to a lot of content that is not available in your location. We will discuss more of this later in this article.
3. Try to Logout and Login Again on Disney Plus
One of the reasons why Disney plus is not working is due to corrupt app data. Signing out from your account and then signing back again will refresh your app and help you fix your problem.
How to Logout and Login again on Disney Plus
- From the home screen of your Disney Plus app, go to Settings
- Click the Logout button
- Sign in again by providing your correct login details
4. Restart Your Wifi Connection
If geo-restriction is not the issue on your part, then it is maybe your WiFi connection. The right internet speed for streaming should not be less than 5Mbps. Try to run a speed test to see if your speed is enough to stream any title on Disney plus.
If you are having a slow connection, restart your wifi modem and see if your speed is now enough for streaming on Firestick.
5. Restart Your Firestick
There is a reason why it is best to restart your Firestick. This will solve a lot of problems on your device. If you have a lot of apps working in the background, then restarting your Firestick can make them stop.
Disney Plus not working on Firestick might be due to an operating system error. This problem is co-related to errors in configuration, and failure to load the app properly.
It is easy to restart your Firestick device. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Go to the wheel gear button on the right-most part of your Firestick homepage.
- Click on My Fire TV
- Scroll down and select Restart
- Click on restart one more time when prompted
6. Clear the App’s Cache and Data
Clearing the App’s cache and data will make it remove all files that the app placed on your device. As you are using an app like Disney Plus, it temporarily stores data on your device. As time goes by, these files become corrupted (not all the time). The best way to solve this, and would probably fix your Disney Plus not working problem is by clearing these data and cache.
It is easy to clear the data and cache of an app on your Firestick. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Application
- Select Manage Installed App
- Choose the app you want to clear the data and cache. In this case, you have to choose Disney+.
- You will see the option that says Clear Data, and Clear Cache.
- Select each option to clear
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Save 65% Now
Limited Time Offer
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Special Limited Time Offer – Get IPVanish
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Install IPVanish on Firestick
7. Update the App
Disney Plus is not working properly maybe due to being outdated. Having the most updated version fixes app issues and previous errors. There are times when you open the app and a message pops up saying that there is a new version available. You can use this to update the app easily.
However, there is always a way to update Disney+ on your Firestick device. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Your Apps and Games
- Choose the app you need to update. In this case, you need to choose Disney+
- Using your Firestick remote, click the three horizontal lines. This indicates Options.
- Select More Info
- Click Update
8. Update Your Firestick
An outdated device may run into problems and issues with its operating system. This could be a reason why some app like Disney Plus is not working. Make sure that your Firestick is always updated.
How to update your Firestick
- Go to Settings
- Select My Fire TV
- Choose About
- Click Check for Updates
- Wait for the updates to download
- Select Install Update
9. Destroy Geo-restriction
Location is the common problem why Disney Plus is not working. It is because it is not available in all parts of the world.
The best and safest way to solve this is by using a VPN to change your IP address. Connect to a server where Disney+ is not geo-restricted. This will help you a lot with your problem.
Read below the best VPN for Firestick.
10. Reset Firestick to Factory Default
If none of the ways above was able to help you fix Disney Plus not working, then maybe it is time to consider resetting your Firestick to Factory default. This will also solve problems related to your operating system.
You can easily reset your Firestick to Factory Default:
- Go to Settings
- Select My Fire TV
- Choose Reset to Factory Default
- Enter the pin (if required only)
- Click Reset. Take note to not unplug the device while the process is ongoing.
11. Change Audio Settings (If Sound Is Not Working)
If you can play a video but it has no sound then maybe you need to change your audio setting. Sometimes, clearing the cache and restarting your device may solve this type of problem. Test the sound again once you’ve done any of the two.
12. Contact or Report The Problem
If the problem is on the app itself, you can contact the Disney+ Help Center. You can do this via live chat on their website, or call them on this number 818-460-7477.
If the problem is on your device, contact Amazon Firestick Customer Support.
Best VPN for Firestick
The best way to solve Disney Plus not working is by destroying geo-restrictions. IPVanish will connect you to a different server where Disney+ is available. It can also protect your identity while streaming online. To learn more about this VPN, read our IPVanish review.
Best IPVanish Features:
- Protects Your Identity from your ISP and other trackers
- Provides the best VPN protocols and encryptions
- Available to all types of devices
- Lets you choose a specific location to
- Unblocks geo-restriction to give access to a lot of content and features.
- Thousands of networks are available worldwide.
- No Log Policy.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Unlimited number of devices
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Supports Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
Best IPVanish Deal
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download IPVanish directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find IPVanish with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Learn more about IPVanish. Get an IPVANISH now.
Grab the Best IPVanish Deal Now!
Disney Plus is indeed a wonderful app for streaming. It sometimes runs into problems. We have provided 12 ways to solve it. We hope that we were able to help you fix Disney Plus not working. If you have other possible ways, feel free to write them in the comment section below. Thank you for your time.