Firestick Keeps Restarting
Is your Firestick Keeps Restarting? Well, you have come to the right article. We will show you all the best solutions when you encounter this problem.
There are so many possible ways to troubleshoot Firestick keeps restarting. Some of these solutions are advanced and some are as easy as just unplugging your device. Nevertheless, all of these ways are helpful in fixing the problem.
Amazon Firestick is indeed one of the best and most used streaming devices today. It works by plugging it into an HDMI-supported TV. Firestick works fine most of the time, but it also runs into some trouble like what we are discussing today.
It is important to frequently restart your Firestick. Restarting your Firestick provides value to the overall performance of the device. But it is not normal if your Firestick keeps restarting on its own.
Before we dive deeper into the solutions, let’s discuss first the cause of this problem.
Why Does My Firestick Keep Restarting?
Like any other device, Firestick keeps restarting due to a lot of possible factors.
Here are the possible factors why Firestick keeps restarting:
- The wires are not plugged in correctly
- There is not enough power provided for the device
- When the update was interrupted
- Too many apps are installed
- Lots of working apps in the background
- Interference from other HDMI
- Too much use of the device
If you think that the main reason for your problem should be addressed to customer service, follow this link to learn how to contact Firestic customer service.
Best Solutions When Firestick Keeps Restarting
With these best solutions to troubleshoot Firestick keeps restarting, we will start with the basics before we head to the advanced.
1. Make Sure to Use the Official Adapter and Cable of Your Firestick Device
This may sound simple but this could be the reason why your Firestick keeps on restarting. Make sure you are using the official cable and adapter of your device. Do not use a different cable or mobile power bricks as a substitute.
2. Unplug and Replug Your Device
The most common and basic troubleshooting process for Firestick is the unplug, replug, and power on. Rebooting your Firestick is important as it gives a fresh start for the device. Usually, you need to wait for 10 seconds up to 15 minutes before you replug the cables.
3. Use a New Cable or Adapter
If your old cable is not working very well, it is time to buy and use a new one. Make sure that you will purchase official cables and adapters for Firestick, and not improvise from other devices.
Here is where you can buy official Firestick cables and adapters.
4. Try a Different USB Port
You will see that there are a lot of USB ports available on your TV. You can use and try each of them to see if it will solve Firestick keeps restarting problem.
5. Try Other HDMI Port
Aside from USB ports, you can also try using other HDMI ports. Some HDMI ports get damaged when used for a long time. When it does not lock or connect properly, it sends out a black screen.
6. Plug the USB Cable Directly into a Power Outlet
Most of us do not use the power brick directly to a power outlet. Sometimes this is the reason why not enough power is provided to the device. It results in automatic shutdowns or restarting. Try connecting the USB cable directly to an outlet to see if this will solve the problem.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Save 65% Now
Limited Time Offer
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Special Limited Time Offer – Get IPVanish
7. Remove Other HDMI from your TV
Other devices connected via HDMI to your TV may interfere with your Firestick. This is one of the reasons why Firestick keeps restarting. Remove other HDMI and test if it will solve the issue.
8. Clear Cache
Clearing the cache of other apps will give more storage space, remove damaged files, and somehow helps in lots of device problems.
It is easy to clear the cache on Firestick. Follow the step below:
1. Go to Your Firestick Home Page
2. Head to the Settings menu.
3. Choose the Applications menu.
4. Select Manage Installed Applications.
5. Choose an app to clear its cache.
6. Then, choose Clear cache.
9. Update Your Firestick
Make sure that your firmware is up to date. Updating your Firestick provides a lot of new features and fix common issues and error.
Click here to learn how to update firestick to the new interface.
10. Uninstall Unimportant Apps
Remove the apps that you don’t need. There are apps that affect the operating system of the device that cause restarting issues. This will also give more storage to the device which will make it function well.
11. Turn Off HDMI CEC Control
Disabling the HDMI CEC on Firestick can solve the restarting issue. It is on by default and can trigger the problem.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Your Firestick Home Page
2. Head to the Settings menu.
3. Go to Display and Sounds
4. Scroll down to HDMI CEC Device Control
5. Turn off the HDMI CEC Device Control
12. Reset Firestick to Factory Default
Make sure to try the other ways before you do this. This is the last option if all of the ways above are not working. Resetting to Factory Default will delete all of your data. You will need to register again. Some people said that doing this process fixed the firestick keeps restarting issue.
Best VPN for Firestick
IPVanish is the best VPN for Firestick. It gives a lot of great features that help users while streaming.
Here are some of the best features of IPVanish
- Applicable to all types of devices
- Provides nothing but the best VPN protocols and encryptions
- Fast connection speed
- Keeps users anonymous
- Gives access to geo-restricted content and features
- Thousands of available servers worldwide
- No Log Policy
- Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited number of devices connected
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Supports Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
Best IPVanish Deal
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download IPVanish directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find IPVanish with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Learn more about IPVanish. Get an IPVANISH now.
Grab the Best IPVanish Deal Now!
There are a lot of possible things you can do when firestick keeps restarting. Follow and try each of the recommendations above to solve the problem.
Make sure to try every possible thing first before you reset your firestick to factory default.
We hope that these 12 ways were able to help you troubleshoot the error. Thank you for your time.