Soul Hackers 2 is the latest supernatural JRPG from ATLUS and SEGA. The title is out now on various platforms, including PC via Steam. It’s been met with positive reception, and fans of the original are delighted to be back in the universe with new characters to interact with and play with. The PC version runs fine for the most part but doesn’t exactly have a lot of options to configure. If you want to fix the Soul Hackers 2 ultrawide issue with black bars, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Soul Hackers 2 Ultrawide Issue
By default, Soul Hackers 2 lacks ultrawide or multi-monitor support. This is disappointing, and we’re hoping that the upcoming Persona releases aren’t in a similar state. Either way, Lyall from the Widescreen gaming community has created a fix for this, and here is how you can install it.
- Head over to the following Github link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest patch zip under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 0.0.1
- Head to where the game is installed and extract the SoulHackers2Fix_v0.0.1.zip file using Winrar or 7zip.
- Launch the game once, and it will generate a configuration file (SoulHackers2Fix.cfg) in the following location.
- Now, you can configure the file to your liking and adjust various elements, but you should be good by just launching the game for the Ultrawide fix.
Note: The first boot may take time as it applies the patch.
This is all you need to do to add ultrawide support to the title. At the moment, there are a few bugs that you can read in the Known Issues section. This is why we recommend you keep checking the Github link for updates.
This is how the game looks after you have applied the patch. The patch author shared the following screenshots on Github.
Check out our other ultrawide guides for recent releases like Endling, As Dusk Falls, and The Quarry.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Soul Hackers 2 Ultrawide issues on PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.