Want to know how to speed dial on your iPhone? In this guide, I will share the best tips to speed dial any contact on your iPhone. Speed dial, as the name suggests, is handy when you want to call someone urgently. Instead of navigating through the Contacts app or dialing their number, you can call them with a few taps of your finger.
Best Ways to Speed Dial on iPhone
Let us go through the various tricks one by one and make that important call right away.
1. Use Siri to Speed Dial
Apple iOS has the most efficient virtual assistant which is better known as Siri. Instead of you having to scroll through the contacts app, give a voice command to Siri.
Instruct Siri to make the phone call. How simpler could it get? It is my favorite technique to call someone using the iPhone. Saves time and effort.
- All you have to do is have the iPhone near you. Simply say Hey Siri to bring it up.
- When Siri appears, just say “Call xyz” [Replace Xyz with the concerned contact’s name]
- For example, Hey Siri Call John.
That’s it. The call will be placed effortlessly.
Also Read- How to Turn Off iPhone Screen Rotation
2. Set Apple Watch to Speed Dial a Contact
If you thought Siri is the only way to speed dial an iPhone contact, then hold my Apple Watch. You can call someone right from your Apple Watch. There is a feature called complications.
These are usually the bits of information from the apps installed on your iPhone that can appear on the Apple smartwatch.
You have to put a contact right on the watch face. When you require to make that quick call to that contact, tap on the compilation. This is how it works.
- Press on the watch face.
- Tap on Edit.
- Now, keep swiping left until you see the tab COMPLICATIONS.
- Select a Complication location on the watch. This means one which corner of the watch face you want to place the contact.
- Navigate to Contacts under the complications section.
- Select the contact you want to set on the Apple Watch speed dial.
- Once you have selected the contact, press the Digital Crown and you will eject out of the editing section.
The contact’s photo will now appear on the corner of the watch face. Tap on it and then select the phone button to make a phone call. You can even do a FaceTime Audio call.
Also Read- How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone
3. Speed Dial Using Contacts App Favorites Feature
This method requires you to add a contact to the favorites list. Then access this list and pick a contact to make a call when you want.
To add any contact to Favorites, these are the steps you must follow.
- Open the Contacts list.
- Select any contact.
- Tap on Add to Favorites > Call.
- Then tap on the phone number.
- Now, open the Phone app.
- Tap on Favorites.
- Under that scroll to the corresponding contact, you want to call. Tap on their name.
Also Read- How to Organize Apps on Your iPhone
4. Speed Dial Using the Emergency Contacts
If you have saved emergency contacts for Medical emergencies on your iPhone, you can use that feature to speed dial someone.
- Press the power button of the iPhone.
- Then tap on Cancel.
- You will be back on the screen where you will see an option Emergency. Tap on it.
- Next, tap on Medical ID in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Under the Medical ID details, scroll to Emergency Contacts.
- Whichever contact name you have saved will appear there.
- Tap on the contact name to initiate the call.
5. Add Contacts Widget on iPhone Home Screen
To access any contact quickly and initiate a call, you can add the contact to the Today’s view tab on the iPhone home screen. In a single widget, at the most, you can add up to six contacts. You can add the same widget a few more times with other contacts to add more contacts.
- Long press on the home screen to initiate the jiggle mode.
- On the top-right corner, tap on the + icon to add a new widget.
- In the widgets section, scroll to Contacts and tap on it.
- Choose anyone as per your need from the three types of available Contacts widgets.
- Then tap on Add Widget and it will appear on the home screen.
- Any time you want to call a contact, just tap on their photo. Select the call option.
Save your time by knowing how to speed dial on an iPhone. I hope this guide clarifies the most simple methods other iPhone users use to place an instant call.