This guide lets us know how you can unblock numbers on iPhone and iPad. Like any other phone, iPhone offers the common feature of blocking spammers from sending you unnecessary messages or calling you up for marketing pitches. However, while on a blocking spree, you may end up blocking one or more contacts you may know.
To maintain communication with the contacts you genuinely know, who may be your office colleagues or friends, you need to unblock their numbers. There are primarily three ways by which you can unblock numbers on iPhone. All of that I have described in this guide. Let’s check it out.
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone?
Before getting into the methods, I need to share an interesting fact: When you block a user on iPhone, they won’t be able to call you or send a message. They can still send you voicemails.
Their calls or messages will be diverted as voicemails, but you won’t be notified as you have blocked them. Only if you check your voicemail inbox will you get to see them.
Also Read- How to Unsilence Calls on iPhone
1. Unblock the Number on iPhone from Settings
This method comes in handy if you have multiple numbers that you wish to unblock on your iPhone. You can do the needful from the iOS settings. Here are the detailed steps.
- Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
- Tap on the option Edit at the top-right corner.
- Besides the blocked contact, tap the option Unblock.
2. Unblock Numbers from iPhone Contacts App
If you have saved someone’s number on your Contacts app, you can block them from your contact listing. It is very easy to do.
- Launch the Contacts app or the Phone app > tap on the tab Contacts.
- Type the name or number of the concerned user you want to unblock.
- You may also scroll through the contacts list and tap on the contact name.
- On the bottom of the contact details, tap Unblock this Caller.
3. Steps to Unblock Numbers from the Recent Calls Section
If the number you wish to block calls you recently, it must be in the Recent calls section. From here, you can block as well as unblock this number.
- Launch the Phone app > Tap on the tab Recents.
- Scroll through the list of numbers from which you received calls and made calls from your end.
- Once you spot the described number in the list, tap on the ‘i’ button.
- Navigate to Unblock This Caller and tap on it.
Don’t wish to miss out on communication with near and dear ones? Or to fix the mistake of blocking the wrong contact? Then follow the tips in this guide to unblock numbers on the iPhone.