Nowadays, many people prefer using a dual monitor setup and even a setup with more than two monitors. This enhances work efficiency and can be used for a better gaming experience. However, when you open a game or an app, it gets opened in the primary display.
You can move the app to any other screen by dragging it. But if the app or the game you opened is in full screen, you will not be able to move it to the second monitor directly. So how can this be done? This article will discuss how you can move a full-screen game to a second monitor.
How to Move a Full-Screen Game to the Second Monitor
The steps can vary for Windows PC and Mac, so we will discuss them separately in this article to move the fullscreen game to a second monitor.
1. For Windows 11
If you are using Windows 11, then you will be able to move the full-screen game to the second screen through the following methods-
Tweaking Display Settings
Make the following changes to the display settings, and you will be able to move the game to the second display-
- Right-click on the home screen and select the Display Settings.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to Identify and select Show Only on 2 displays.
- Click on Keep Changes to show the items only on the second display.
If you are extending the display, select the display you want to open the game. Expand the Multiple Displays section, and then check the checkbox for Make this my main display. This will open the game on the second display only.
By Keyboard Shortcuts
You can also move the fullscreen game to a second monitor by using the keyboard shortcut-
- Open the game you want to play.
- Next, press the Windows key + Shift + Left or Right.
- This will move the game to the left or right screen.
2. For Windows 10
If you are using Windows 10, then you can follow the steps given below to move the game opened in full screen to the second monitor-
By Changing the Display Settings
The very first way to do this is by changing the display settings-
- Right-click on the home screen and then click on the Display Settings.
- Next, click the Identify button to see the number of the monitor.
- Click the drop-down menu under Multiple Displays and select Select Only on 2. Here, the number 2 is the second display; you can select the number for the particular monitor on which you want to open the game.
- By doing so, only the selected display will show content while others will not, so the game will only open on that particular display.
Set Secondary Monitor as the Primary One
You can set the Secondary Monitor as the primary one; this way, all the apps and games will only open on the secondary monitor. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly ensure all the monitors are connected to your PC.
- Now open the Display Settings on your PC.
- Here, select your second display, and then check the checkbox saying Make this my main display.
- Click on Apply to save the changes. Now all the apps you open will open up on the secondary display.
3. For Mac
Mac users can follow the ways given below to move a full-screen game to a second monitor.
Assign App to Second Monitor
The first way to do this is to assign the app to the second monitor. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On your dock, right-click the app you want to move to the second screen.
- Next, click on the Options, and then under the Assign to the menu, select the display you want to.
- Once done, run the app and it will open in the second display.
Use Mission Control
You can also use Mission Control to move the full-screen game to the next screen. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the game you want to play.
- Next, swipe using three fingers on your trackpad to start Mission Control.
- Now, drag the game to the display you want to and it will be moved to that particular display.
This explains the ways to move the full-screen game to second monitor. We have discussed the steps for Windows PC as well as Mac. You can follow the above steps and you will be able to move the game to the second screen easily.