Sony has finally announced the release frame of the PlayStation VR2 headset. They had been testing the headset for quite some time now. SIE officially announced PSVR2 earlier in January 2022. While they didn’t reveal the release date back then it’s now confirmed.
PlayStation VR2 Launches in February 2022
PlayStation Blogpost has finally revealed that PSVR2 is set to launch on February 22, 2023, after months of speculation. A PSVR 2 Sense charging station will also be released the same day. Here is the PSVR2 lineup:
- $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain Bundle
- $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
PlayStation VR2 Sense Controller Charging Station
- $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.
Registrations for the pre-orders beign today while the pre-orders go live on November 15, 2022. The pre-orders for U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg will be through online stores only. For the rest of the world, the pre-orders will begin with retailers on November 15. Horizon Call of the Mountain will also be available for pre-order on the same date.
The PSVR2 debuts the new VR headset generation for PlayStation. Here is a complete list of all the specifications of PSVR2:
Another noteworthy point is that the PlayStation VR2 won’t have backward compatibility. You can read about all the new features here.
PSVR2 Games Lineup
More than 20 titles will be available at the launch of the headset. One of the earliest announced launch titles included Horizon Call of the Mountain and Resident Evil 8 Village. And now it seems the lineup has grown even more. Along with the PSVR2 release announcement PlayStation Blogpost has also revealed 11 new games for the PSVR2.
Here are all the 11 games:
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad
- The Light Brigade
- Cities VR – Enhanced Edition
- Cosmonious High
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
- Jurassic World Aftermath Collection
- Pistol Whip VR
- Zenith: The Last City
- After The Fall
We are pumped to see the PSVR2 in action especially if it delivers all the promises. It launches on February 22, 2023 with a massive lineup of games.
Are you going to order a PlayStation VR2? Are you into VR gaming? Let us know in the comments down below.