Microsoft introduced dark mode in Windows Operating System in Windows 10, and now with Windows 11, we have more customization options with the dark mode. Almost everyone prefers the dark mode because it looks aesthetic and prevents eye fatigue.
Recently many users have reported that they are not able to switch back to light mode on their Windows 11 PC and they are stuck in the dark mode.
Well, this is probably a bug that is causing this issue. Other reasons include viruses on your PC, corrupted system files, or outdated Windows. If you are stuck in Dark mode and unable to get out of it, this guide will help you fix the issue.
Best Ways to Fix Windows 11 Stuck in Dark Mode
If you want to switch to the light mode in Windows 11 but cannot do so, then this article will help you with that. Given below are ways to fix Windows 11 Stuck in Dark Mode.
1. Restart Your PC
Before going to any of the methods below, you should reboot your device first. Restarting your device will solve the issue due to bugs or technical glitches.
Reboot your device and then check if it helps to fix the problem. If it doesn’t fix the problem, go for the next method described below.
2. Run Antivirus Scan
Another method to fix this issue is to scan the computer for Malware or Viruses. You may often face this issue due to viruses on your PC. Running a virus scan will detect any virus on your PC and fix the issue due to them. The steps for the same are as follows-
- Go to the Start menu, search Windows Security and launch it.
- There, select the Virus and threat protection option.
- Now, select Full Scan and then click on Scan Now.
- Wait until the process gets completed.
- Restart your device once Windows Security is done scanning your device.
If you use any third-party antivirus or antimalware software, you can also scan your PC for viruses.
3. Run SFC scan
Corrupted system files may also cause Windows 11 to be stuck in dark mode. Performing an SFC scan will scan your PC for corrupted system files and fix the issue. To perform the SFC scan, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for Command Prompt and run it with administrative privileges.
- Then type the following command and hit Enter to execute it-
- This will scan your PC for corrupted files and fix them.
- Once the process is completed, restart your PC, which should fix the issue.
4. Disable High Contrast Themes
The next thing you can try doing is disabling the high-contrast themes. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Go to the Start menu, search for the Control Panel and open it.
- Here, click on Ease of Access Centre, and then on Make the computer easier to see.
- Next, uncheck the box next to the Turn on or off High Contrast option.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save the changes that have been made.
- This should fix the issue and you should now be able to switch out of dark mode.
5. Update Windows
You may also encounter this issue due to outdated Windows. If the error occurs due to outdated Windows, then updating the Windows to the latest version will fix the problem. To update Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key to open the Settings app on your PC.
- Click on the Windows Update from the left sidebar, and then click on Check for updates option.
- Once all the available updates are listed, download and install them.
- After updates have been installed, restart your PC.
These were some of the best troubleshooting methods by which users can easily fix Windows 11 stuck in dark mode. Generally, this issue is encountered due to random bugs, which can easily be fixed by restarting your PC.
If that doesn’t help, we have already explained the troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. You can follow the steps above and you won’t face the issue any longer.